Sunday, May 18, 2008

To anyone who checks our website and blogs...so sorry it has taken us this long to post new photos and blogs.  It has definitely been an exhausting 3 weeks, and it gets tough to find time to do anything but care for our new bundle of joy!  Now that I'm a mom of 3 weeks I decided to write down some things I've learned in the past three weeks:

1. Wipes can be used for anything...and you go through a box of wipes like it's going out of style!
2. When your baby is checking out your face, he gets very still and quiet.  So sweet.
3.  Very rarely does a mom get a warm shower or a warm meal.
4. Babies love the sound of their dad's voice.
5.  The distance between your bed and the baby's crib seems like a grand canyon...it can be scary
6. Nothing feels better than when you can stop your baby crying just by picking him up and talking to him.
7.  Grandparents can be a tremendous help!!
8.  The word "routine" takes on a whole new meaning.
9.  Spending time with God get tough...but He hears even the weakest prayer at 2am.
10.  No one could have ever prepared me for the entire life change and exhaustion of motherhood...I'm sure nothing can prepare me for the joys that await us with each new day as well.


1 comment:

m.e. said...

Ellen, this is Susan Dean -- the old Dean lady from your TCS days. Your Mom shared Wes's blog with me so that I could see pics. I have been almost checked every day since 2 or 3 days after Will's birth. SO, I was very thankful to see a new post. I can barely remember how tired I was those first few weeks after the births of Amy and Chip so just know that all of that is replaced by the wonderful blessings you will have of rearing your precious son. I know Grandma Martha must be having a blast and I hope that Nana Nancy is able to come often to love on that baby. Much love to you and Wes and to sweet Baby Will.

Love,
Mrs. Dean
http://grannysusan61101.blogspot.com/